“Catechists are people who keep the memory of God alive; they keep it alive in themselves and they are able to revive it in others.” – Pope Francis
Top 10 Reasons to Become a Catechist:
1. You will grow in your own faith, learn the teachings of the Church, and deepen your relationship with Jesus.
2. Your Baptism calls you to share in Jesus’ ministry.
3. Children, teens and adults in today’s world, more than ever, need to hear the Good News of Jesus.
4. Children, teens, and adults in today’s world, more than ever, need to encounter good role models of faith.
5. You have much to share with those you’ll teach, and you’ll have opportunities to share faith with other catechists.
6. Today’s catechetical textbooks/resources offer outstanding support.
7. You’ll be challenged, you’ll have fun, and you’ll make new friends.
8. You’ll be helping people deepen their relationship with Jesus. (You’ll be evangelizing!)
9. You’ll be handing on a 2000-year-old Tradition that changes lives.
10. It’s our job: Jesus sent us to “go and teach all nations.”
We are looking for a few good Catechists for Grades Pre K/K, 3, 4, 5 and Middle School. If you’re interested in being an Aide for Grades Pre K/K, 1, 2 or 3 or even an occasional substitute, we could certainly use your help and faith! If you feel God calling you…please contact Mary von Carlowitz at email@example.com or 216-932-0617.