Development & Communications Assistant
Gesu Parish seeks a part-time Development & Communications Assistant who will be responsible for assisting the Development & Communications Director with the day-to-day administrative duties of the Development Department. In addition, this person will be the editor of the Gesu Bulletin, and have responsibility for maintaining the parish website and social media accounts.
We are seeking a candidate who has knowledge and experience with a development office, has a strong administrative background, provides attention to detail with assignments, has ability to multitask and has strong interpersonal skills. A few responsibilities include editing the weekly bulletin, data entry, gift acknowledgements, maintaining the parish website, social media postings, coordinating annual projects and assistance with special events. The position reports to the Development & Communications Director.
- Active member of a Roman Catholic faith community or willingness to function in a manner consistent with the mission of the Catholic Church. Should possess a working knowledge of the Catholic faith.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, or graphic design preferred.
- A minimum of three years office experience.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong computer skills with a proficiency in MS Word, MS Excel, MS Publisher or other publication software
- Strong working knowledge of social media including; Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
- Familiarity with or working knowledge of databases to enter data and run reports.
- Must be detail-oriented and organized and have the ability to multi-task.
For full job description, click here >
Send cover letter and resumes to email@example.com or to: Church of the Gesu, 2470 Miramar Blvd, University Heights, OH 44118. Attn: Development Office
Resumes must be received by September 21, 2018.