We are called to be good stewards of the gifts God has given us. Stewardship denotes our Christian belief that we are called to share our time, talent, and treasure with others in our community and our parish out of gratitude for the gifts we receive from God.
- Monetary gifts or gifts of service to Gesu Church may be tax deductible. Please consult your tax advisor for more information.
- All donors receive an itemized report for monetary gifts in January for tax purposes.
Envelope ContributionsEvery household is asked to prayerfully consider supporting Gesu’s annual Planned Offering Program (P.O.P). Gifts to P.O.P. ensure our ability to provide programs and services that meet the spiritual needs of our parishioners, such as the Parish Mission, Retreats, Forums, Speakers, Adult Education, Youth Ministry, and more. Pledges to P.O.P. allow Gesu to budget for the following fiscal year.
Give OnlineFor your convenience, Gesu offers online giving through Faith Direct. Click on the INDIVIDUALS link and use church code OH283 to give to any of our funds through a secure site. You can set up recurring payments through an electronic fund transfer or make a onetime gift with a credit card.
Gifts of Stock/Gifts in KindGifts of stock, real estate, or donated items and services (gifts in kind) are a wonderful way to support Gesu Church. Click here for more information on how to give gifts of stock or contact the development office to donate items or services.
Gesu Church Endowment FundThe Gesu Endowment Fund is a separately-incorporated 501(c)(3) charitable organization that provides amounts to finance capital and other expenditures necessary for the operation of Gesu Church and School. Through tax-deductible estate, memorial, and annual gifts, families can ensure the future of the ministry area that holds a special place in their hearts, leaving a legacy of goodness for all those who follow in this faith journey at Gesu Church and School. Read more about the Gesu’s Endowment here or contact the development office for more information.
Named Endowed FundsHonor your family’s legacy by establishing a named endowed fund at Gesu. The minimum amount to establish a named fund is $10,000. Your fund will live in perpetuity and benefit the church and school for years to come, all in your family’s name. Contact the development office for more information about establishing a named endowed fund.
Planned GiftsMany donors choose to remember Gesu Church and School in their will or living trust because it is simple, flexible and beneficial. Called a charitable bequest, this type of gift offers these main benefits:
- Simplicity: Just a few sentences in your will or trust are all that is needed.
- Flexibility: Structuring the bequest is to meet your demands is easy; you can choose the amount and restrict it to a certain fund, make the gift contingent on certain events, or leave a percentage of your estate to Gesu. You can also change the amount or designation at any point, should you wish to do so.
- Tax Benefits: If your estate is subject to estate tax, your gift is entitled to an estate tax charitable deduction for the gift’s full value. Please consult your tax advisor for more information.
Matching GiftsMany companies match charitable donations to schools or churches. You can double your gift to Gesu Church or School by contacting your company’s human resources department for a matching gift form.
Honor a Loved One with an Engraved Brick or PaverHonor a loved one by purchasing an engraved brick or paver. Displayed in the piazza outside the Madonna della Strada Pastoral Center, each brick and paver can be engraved with a family name, in loving memory of someone or with a message of gratitude.