Gesu continues to grow and remains a strong and vibrant community thanks to our collective efforts. As a community, we can promote our mission through support of our Church and School. The following has been made possible because of the generosity of our parishioners:
Gifts to support education helped renovate the old rectory into The Madonna della Strada Pastoral Center; equipped with up-to-date technology with additional meeting spaces. Many adult and student classes, including extracurricular activities, are held in the new meeting rooms. Participants can now use WI-FI and SMART board technologies for presentations and long distance learning.
Gifts to education also helped strengthen the Endowment. Gesu’s Endowment Fund supports more than 70 ministries, capital expenses for our facilities, and financial assistance for school families annually. Read more about the Endowment here.
There are 2,400 families in the parish and school who make up the Gesu community. Support to community enrichment has helped create a more welcoming place for all who come to Gesu, The Madonna della Strada Pastoral Center enriches the everyday needs of parishioners, including the beautiful piazza where engraved bricks and pavers honor the names of our families and loved ones. The addition of resources and meeting spaces in the pastoral center help staff better accommodate and minister to parishioners.
The addition of the elevators in McAuely Hall and in the Madonna della Strada Pastoral Center, as well as the ramp at the side entrance of the Church has allowed more accessible to our parishioners and guests. All who wish to worship at Gesu can do so with ease and be present for Masses and witnesses to all sacraments. Gifts to support accessibility have made an impact in the daily lives of our parishioners.
To ensure Gesu Church continues to be strong and vibrant for future generations, it is imperative that we maintain our Church as updates are needed. Having the funds to preserve and enhance our worship space will help in that effort. The Fund for Gesu was established so that the parish can support the immediate and future needs of our Church building. This ongoing fund will preserve and enhance our Church for the future of Gesu.
A Renewed Church for the Future
After careful assessment, the following projects are the areas of greatest need. Your support to The Fund for Gesu will provide the necessary cleaning, preservation, enhancement and accessibility in our Church. It will cost an estimated $2.4 million to complete the following projects:
- In progress: Cleaning and re-leading to protect and preserve the stained glass windows.
- In progress: A new roof for the Church.
- Updating electrical to be more efficient and add programmable lighting.
- Installation of an immersion baptismal font and repair existing font.
- Adding an access ramp from hallway into the Church Sacristy and Sanctuary for accessibly.
- Installation of automatic doors into both the Marian Chapel and the Church.
- Adding two Shrines to the existing space of the center confessionals. One will be to honor Saint Ann, the patroness of generations, and the other of Saint Kateri Tekakwitha.
- Increase handicapped accessible seating in pews.
- Deep cleaning and repair of pews, floor, wood-paneling and replace kneelers.
- Updates and Repairs in Church Narthex including repairing cracks in floor, adding a handicapped accessible restroom, updates to Bride’s Room and Cry Room and installing small kitchenette for receptions in Narthex.
- Cleaning and Repair of Narthex walls and ceilings.
- Cleaning Church interior including the Sanctuary baldacchino and marble preservation.
- McAuley Kitchen renovation and updating restroom for handicapped access.